Thursday, November 24, 2011

Where do I go and who would I talk to about getting a SRS surgery?

I am 19 year old female, and I have wanted to get a sex change for a while. I am NOT a lesbian, and I am not ok in my own skin. I have wanted to be a man since I was little.


My question is for those who have gotten one. I need to know who is the best doctor to go to in north central US, and when would be a good time to talk to my tamily and friends?|||KR, the first step on this journey is to find a therapist who is familiar with gender issues. Not all are, and though its unprofessional their biases can interfere. The ones on Dr. Becky's site are knowledgeable and understanding. There is a link below to the site. She or He will help to guide you through the steps. At any rate you will have to see a therapist for several months before you can get testosterone prescribed by any reputable physician.



I am not really well versed on FTM issues as I went the other way, but here are some sites you should find of value.



I wish you luck and success in your transition. Its not an easy thing to do but if its right for you the end result will be worth the struggle.|||Your other answer is excellent - she deserves best answer. For what it's worth, the general procedure is the same for transmen and transwomen. Basically, a year in therapy to get the "hormone" letter, a year living in gender-of-choice and a second opinion to qualify for surgery.|||Diane M is incorrect. The Standards of Care only require three months of therapy to obtain a letter for HRT.

No comments:

Post a Comment