Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do you reset a SRS light on 2000 Honda Accord, Besides taking to dealer?

Seems to be common problem with Hondas, Has anyone had dealer to reset for them and what was cost?|||Got that right, I know everyone fears the dreaded dealer but the air bag is an explosive ready to go off. I have 2 of my guys trained in proper maintenance and I am not a dealer I have a 35 year old shop and we do airbag and ABS service just like the big boys do. You need to get it in as it can false trigger but this light usually disables the bags.|||If you don't feel that there is a problem with the SRS, try disconnecting the batter for about 5 minutes and then connect it again. This resets all codes and problems stored in the car's computer and the light should go off. If it comes on again within a month or so, I recommend taking it in to the dealer.|||If the SRS light is on its because of a problem. If the DTC 9-1 is set, it will require replacement of the airbag module. Take it to the dealer for proper diagnosis. Airbags can kill you if you do something wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment