Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Do transgendered people have to be willing to have a SRS?

Like I dress like a girl and everything, and would much rather be a girl than a guy, but I am not willing to get a full sex change. Like I would rather be able to change back and forth just for the fun of it, like people say "if you could be the opposite sex for a day" well I love having the ability to. And I wouldn't want an artificial vagina anyways. Like I would rather be a guy than a post-op transgirl, but I would rather be a girl than a guy.





Does this make me transgender or gender-queer?|||You are transgender and not transsexual then. And since you aren't transsexual chances are a therapist wouldn't sign off on your surgery anyway. You sound genderqueer to me.





ANYONE who gets surgery must provide consent. NOBODY is made to have surgery.





Common sense.

















You seem to confused about what transgender is. It is an umbrella term that covers many diverse groups:





Transsexual people


Genderqueer


Genderf*ck


Androgynes


Cross-dressers


Bi-gender


Drag queens


Drag kings





and more.|||On the subject of transition and "all the way"... I tend to evade when people ask... because for me "all the way" is "when I am happy". Where ever that may be I don't even know yet.





This whole "one way to be trans" concept that you NEED to do EVERYTHING to be trans is bull. The only person you need to satisfy is you! If you're happy the way you are, then that is as far as you need to go.





But... there's nothing "artificial" about a transwoman's post operative vagina. At least, that's what I'm told.





And transgender is an umbrella term, that genderqueer falls under. You can call yourself whatever you feel right as.|||Well maybe, but there is a such thing as a non-op transsexual meaning you view yourself as much of a woman as a post-op transsexual does but don't feel the need for a surgery. Transition, in my opinion, isn't about "becoming a woman" but reaching a level of comfort within your own body. For some transsexuals, this means going the whole 9 yards, for others it might just being on hormones, people forget not everyone have the same wants and desires.|||denver, you sound very confused. don't try to be anything you are not. just relax, let yourself be who you are, not what you wish you were or what you think might be better to be. if you are you, you are better off than most.





much love and hope. pj|||Of course not. You're still every bit as transsexual, and every bit as much a woman, as a pre-op or post-op transwoman.|||%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Does this make me transgender or gender-queer?





Yes.








Hope this helped!|||transgender, ur cool! dont worry ;bout it|||yes, they do have to be willing to go through SRS. however, it is highly unlikely that one would be forced to go through SRS, as transgenderism is seen as an abnormality and therefore bad.


that makes sence... frankly, I'd rather have been born a guy then go through SRS to have a fake phallus, but as it is, i wasn't.


personally, i believe that would make you gender-queer, as you aren't a set mindset.


good luck. %26lt;3 Alexandre|||take estrogen so you'll turn into a girl with a penis

No comments:

Post a Comment