Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What should I do about the SRS light in my 1997 accord?

The SRS light just came on in my 1997 honda accord, and was wondering if its something I need to get fixed immediately or will I be ok if I just dont do anything about it?? Money is kind of tight is why I ask|||the only problem will be the air bag won't deploy in an accident.|||GET IT FIXED FOR 50 BUCKS|||Take it to a good mechanic.|||It means there is a problem with the air bag system on your car. The only problem is that as long as its on or blinking your air bags may not work if you crash.................md|||with the SRS light on your supplementary restraint system (airbags and seat belt tensioners) will not function in a crash





so its up to you if you get them fixed.|||It should be checked by Honda only.


Call Honda's customer help line to determine if the system will still operate in a typical manner if the light is on.





I believe that the light is an indicator that the system may have a fault but I'm not 100%.





Talk to the people who designed and built the car to be sure as your safety is at stake.|||Any shop can look at this. It could be a variety of issues. Once the issue is solved the light will go out on its own (unlike a Check Engine Light).

No comments:

Post a Comment