Saturday, November 19, 2011

Transgendered folks: Did you always want SRS and Hormone Therapy straight after you began to accept yourself?

Or did it take a while for you to really want it?





Did you think "Hmm it's all or nothing. If I get SRS I'll just have mutilated genitals" and then one day, you figured it was a good idea?|||Good question.





If I think back to the time I started accepting the fact that I was born with transgenderism, I would have to say that no, I didn't want all that. I wanted to basically wave a magic stick and that my body would be "right", all of a sudden, and that it also changed my past, and that everybody would have always known me as a male, and that my mom would have known she had a boy when she had me... I didn't want all that clinical bullsh*t and I was basically mad at the world for being born wrong.





As time went by I learned that I was one of the lucky few people born with transgenderism who had the natural hormones of the right sex. I never had to go through with the hormone therapy; the only thing I don't have is the penis and chest operation, and, well.. at this point (I'm 26) I don't think I'm going to change that.


I don't think I would call it mutilated genitals, though...|||Like Kathryn I knew what I wanted from the get go. But then again I was born transsexual whereas you are not. You seem to be some other flavor of transgender.

Report Abuse


|||I did somewhat want it when i first started, (the srs) The hormone therapy DEFINITELY.








But I don't think having the SRS surgery would make me any more of a woman in my opinion. If anything, = it would be for legal things, and mainly comfort. But it's not the highest on my list of demands.





I don't consider it mutiliated genitals though, I consider it a corrected mistake.|||When I first came out I had it mind that I might want hormones %26amp; eventually GRS but realised it was a difficult undertaking . Mostly I wanted to have some fun %26amp; be myself when possible whilst getting through a divorce %26amp; having facial / body hair removal treatment. It gave me breathing space and time to really think it through and be certain it was right for me.





Once I'd had a lot of hair removal treatment so I wouldn't have to worry about shadow %26amp; let my hair grow long then went 'full time' and started working as me changed my name etc. That was really the biggest change. Shortly after that hormones were prescribed. About another two years later felt I was ready %26amp; needed GRS to be complete so went back to my doctor at that point.|||Didn't always want hormones but do now, don't want bottom surgery and probably never will|||I have always wanted it all, but I have recently come to accept that I will probably never come to get the SRS

No comments:

Post a Comment