Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I am going to have SRS to become a woman in a short while, but I need some help with my mannerisms?

I have known since I was twelve that deep inside I was a girl and that I needed to be one on the outside, however, I am very masculine in my hobbies and in my behavior, I tend to get very angry at people all of the time and fight and cuss alot. I want to be more feminine, who can give me some pointers? Thanks for your help.|||The first question that pops to mind is this: Are you on HRT yet? Many find HRT helps them to relax and be themselves, their real selves. Being "feminine" shouldn't be the goal. The goal is to be yourself, your real self. Over the years you have built up many defenses to protect you from the world. During coming out, therapy and transition were slowly deconstruct these defenses and in the process become more of our true selves.





My advice would be to relax and cut yourself a LOT of slack. As you progress through transition people will react differently to you and you will react differently in return. You'll also subconsciously pickup on things other women do. It's a long complicated process that some therapists term "emergence". It's also why on some forums my signature line was: Be You!





Don't be a stereotype. Be You!|||Be who you are, you shouldn't feel the need to conform, should you?|||There are women out there with masculine hobbies and who cuss like sailors - my mom had an utterly rotten mouth on her (it's where I learned it from, lol).





You can try controlling your anger with meditation and breathing exercises. As for swearing, that's something you'll just need some self control with, and I know how difficult it can be to not swear!





Your hobbies are your hobbies, if it's something that brings you joy, by all means keep doing it. There is a documentary out called "100% Woman" about a MtF Canadian bike rider, and her attempts to continue riding competitively despite her gender reassignment and the arguments of her competitors. You might try giving that a look. Good luck.|||most girls act that way, i get angry easily and cuss a lot. (though i'm sure i'm suppose to be a guy!)





So um......when someone pisses you off just roll your eyes and shrug it off. Go about things with more grace. Cut down on the cussing. And just be yourself most girls aren't the prisses you see on TV.





If you become a girl you can just be a more down to earth gal by being yourself. You'll make a perfect girl!|||If you analyze everything you do, and stare into a mirror everyday you will be able to see the differences. Try a little self control with the potty mouth.





I really think you should be able to be yourself as a woman.|||You don't necessarily need to change, but if you want to I would say talk to your therapist. You should be seeing one since you are getting ready for SRS.





You are living full time so you should be ready for this. I have been living full time for two years now and I fit in perfectly with society. Nobody even suspects my genetic status. You just need to observe the women around you and act more like them. Talk to your therapist and work out your anger issues. Find out why you are so worked up|||Try to calm down a bit. Take yoga or something in order to calm your anger. For how you act try looking at other women and mimic what the do, act, say and other things in order for you to look more like a one of the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment