Friday, December 2, 2011

What is causing the SRS indicator light flash in my 2000 Honda Accord?

When I had a 2001 Acura CL Type S which of course Acura and Honda are the same company.





My SRS light would come on when something was leaning on my side airbag (which was built into the seat).





For example someone slouched over, or a heavy object leaning on the seat instead of sitting properly.





I used to wonder why some people with get in my car and then the light would come on when they leaned a certain way.





A quick google resulted in the answer, which I later confirmed with the dealer.





If that's not it, it could be a faulty SRS indicator or a malfunction somewhere with your airbags. I believe air bags are suppose to be checked every 10 years, but you're well within 10 years, but it could be something faulty already.

No comments:

Post a Comment