Friday, December 2, 2011

What does the red "SRS" light mean on the Honda Accord?

I think Jiffy Lube did it - after my oil change, that light came on.|||I currently drive an 01 Civic with the SRS light on. It showed up after I took the seats out for a stereo installation. It means that something has interrupted the standard airbag system. My airbags are in perfect order, but the only way for the light to turn off is to have the code cleared which is $70 at the dealership. Needless to say that is not on my list of to dos anytime soon.|||It is just an indicator to tell you that there is an airbag.|||I had the SRS warning light come on and stay on in my 1997 Honda Accord V6. I bought it when it had 174000 miles on it. I added 20,000 miles with SRS light on. I sold it with the SRS light on. I bought Honda Accord 2000 V6, with SRS light off. I drove just a 1000 miles and it came back. It look like, I need the SRS light on to drive the Honda. I think I can live with it without bothering too much.





The light should be on steady. A self-diagnosis circuit is built into the SRS unit; when the ignition switch is turned ON, the SRS indicator light comes on and goes off after about six seconds if the system is operating normally.





If the light does not come on, or does not go off after six seconds, or if it comes on while driving, it indicates an abnormality in the system. The system must be inspected and repaired as soon as possible.





There is no procedure given to Display and Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes without a Scan Tool so you will need to let the Honda Dealer to extract the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) for the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS).|||SRS stands for supplemental restraint system, which is your car's airbags. When the red SRS light comes on, it means that your airbags aren't working. Usually, when you start your car, that light will flash for about five seconds then turn off, signaling the airbags are properly working. If the light doesn't turn off after a few seconds, take it in to get inspected. It could be dangerous if your airbags aren't working properly.|||It means ''you're a woman, sit in the other seat''





Still, could also mean ''my mechanic is a tawt''





I like your answers, so I'm sure it's the latter.|||it is for your air bags... and yes they will not work right now if u get in a wreck....as for jiffy lube doin it...i doubt it quite coincidental but i doubt it...its hard to set the codes for the srs system...it could be anything from a weak battery to a problem...depending on what car u have there are some accords that have extended warrantys that may help call your local honda dealer with your vin and ask them if u have any recalls or extened warrantys it may help u|||SRS, is your airbags.


it can mean that you have an airbag problem, it can also mean that it's time for your airbag "service/inspection", it can also mean the bags are off...


check manual.|||SRS is Supplemental Restraint System - It means you have a problem with the airbags in the car. It needs repair to work properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment